Duration: 16 hours and 30 minutes self-paced
Access: 6 months
Audience: IT and Business Professionals
Accredited by: EXIN
Exam: ITIL® Foundation (voucher included)
Mock Exam: 2x included
About this course
ITIL® Foundation is an important, entry-level qualification for students who want to become knowledgeable about the core elements of the ITIL® Framework and how it is used in organizations to enhance the quality of IT service management.
The objectives of the ITIL® 2011 Foundation course are to enable you to understand the importance of service management, both to the IT service provider, and to its customers, and to introduce you to the service lifecycle and its processes, and the functions which carry out those processes.
Specifically, it shows how the ITIL® best practice framework can be used to improve the quality, effectiveness and efficiency of service management in every type of organization.
The course gives an overview of the ITIL® Framework which is captured in the 5 core ITIL® volumes of Service Strategy, Service Design, Service Transition, Service Operation and Continual Service Improvement (2011 versions).
Gaining your ITIL® Foundation Level certification will enable you to progress your development in IT Service Management, and is a pre-requisite for the next level of ITIL® qualifications; ITIL® Intermediate, MALC and Expert.
The course is ideal for professionals who work within an organization that has implemented ITIL® as part of an ongoing service improvement programme. It also provides an excellent introduction to business users who need to be informed about ITIL®.
Individuals certified at this level will have demonstrated their understanding of:
- An Introduction to IT Service Management
- Service Strategy
- Service Design
- Service Transition
- Service Operation
- Continual Service Improvement
Certification is only achieved by passing the examination.
- The exam is a closed book, multiple choice exam consisting of 40 questions.
- The pass mark is 65% (26 questions out of 40)
- There is a time limit of 60 minutes to complete the exam.
- Included with the course is a free voucher for the exam, which can be taken at any authorized ITIL® exam centers around the world.
- It can also be taken online at a place and time that suits you, whilst recording the exam session through your webcam and microphone using EXIN Anywhere. The recorded video and audio is then retrospectively reviewed by proctors to check for compliance to exam guidelines. You will receive the final result within 10 days.
Multiple-choice examination (40 questions / 60 minutes)