Course 20533: Implementing Azure Infrastructure Solutions
Duration: 90-days online access
ILT Classroom: 5 days
Audience: IT Professionals
About this course
This course is intended for IT professionals who are familiar with managing on-premises IT deployments that include AD DS, virtualization technologies, and applications. The students typically work for organizations that are planning to locate some or all of their infrastructure services on Azure. This course also is intended for IT professionals who want to take the Microsoft Certification exam 70-533, Implementing Azure Infrastructure Solutions.
This course is intended for IT professionals who have some knowledge of cloud technologies and want to learn more about Azure.
- IT Pros who want to deploy, configure, and administer services and virtual machines (VMs) in Azure
- IT professional who use System Center to manage and orchestrate server infrastructure
- Windows Server admins who are looking to evaluate and migrate on-premises AD roles and services to the cloud
- IT Pros who want to use Windows Azure to host websites and mobile app back-end services
- IT Pros who are experienced in other non-Microsoft cloud technologies, meet the course prerequisites, and want to cross-train on Azure
- IT Pros who want to take the Microsoft Certification exam 70-533, Implementing Azure Infrastructure Solutions
At course completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe Azure architecture components, including infrastructure, tools, and portals.
- Implement and manage virtual networking within Azure and connect to on-premises environments.
- Plan and create Azure virtual machines.
- Configure, manage, and monitor Azure virtual machines to optimize availability and reliability.
- Deploy and configure web apps and mobile apps.
- Implement, manage, backup, and monitor storage solutions.
- Plan and implement data services based on SQL Database to support applications.
- Deploy, configure, monitor, and diagnose cloud services.
- Create and manage Azure AD tenants, and configure application integration with Azure AD.
- Integrate on-premises Windows AD with Azure AD.
- Automate operations in Azure management by using automation.
Before attending this course, students must have the following technical knowledge:
- Completed the MCSA Windows Server 2012 certification .
- Understanding of on-premises virtualization technologies, including: virtual machines, virtual networking, and virtual hard disks (VHDs).
- Understanding of network configuration, including: TCP/IP, Domain Name System (DNS), virtual private networks (VPNs), firewalls, and encryption technologies.
- Understanding of websites, including: how to create, configure, monitor and deploy a website on Internet Information Services (IIS).
- Understanding of Active Directory concepts, including: domains, forests, domain controllers, replication, Kerberos protocol, and Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP).
- Understanding of database concepts, including: tables, queries, Structured Query Language (SQL), and database schemas.
- Understanding of resilience and disaster recovery, including backup and restore operations.
- Module 1: Introduction to Azure
This module introduces cloud solutions in general and then focuses on the services that Azure offers. The module goes on to describe the portals that you can use to manage Azure subscriptions and services before introducing Windows PowerShell as a scripting solution for managing Azure. Finally, the module provides explanations and guidance for the use of Azure Resource Manager and Azure management services.
- Module 2: Implementing and managing Azure networking
This module explains how virtual networking provides the glue that brings together VMs, web apps, and storage to enable you to publish a service onto the Internet.
- Module 3: Implementing virtual machines
This module explains how to implement virtual machines using the Azure Portal and Azure PowerShell. Validate virtual machine creation, using Visual Studio and Azure Resource Manager template to deploy virtual machines.
- Module 4: Managing virtual machines
This module explains how to manage virtual machines. Configure virtual machines and virtual machine disks, managing and monitoring Azure virtual machines, configuring availability, implementing desired state configuration (DSC), implementing storage space–based volumes.
- Module 5: Implementing Azure App services
This module explains how to plan,implement, configure, monitor and maintain Azure Web App services, and to implement Traffic Manager.
- Module 6: Planning and implementing storage, backup, and recovery services
This module explains how to plan and implement storage, backup, and recovery services. Azure Content Delivery Networks, Azure Site Recovery, Using Azure file storage.
- Module 7: Planning and implementing Azure SQL Database
This module explains how to plan and implement Azure SQL Database. Plan, deploy, implement and manager Azure SQL Database, Azure SQL Database security, Monitoring Azure SQL Database, Managing Azure SQL Database business continuity.
- Module 8: Implementing PaaS cloud services
This module explains how to implement platform as a service (PaaS) cloud services, Configuring deployment slots and Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP), Monitoring cloud services and performance of cloud services and diagnose bottlenecks.
- Module 9: Implementing Azure Active Directory
This module explains how to implement Azure AD. Create and manage Azure AD tenants, Configure application and resource access with Azure AD, Configure SSO.
- Module 10: Managing Active Directory in a hybrid environment
This module explains how to manage Active Directory in a hybrid environment. Extend on-premises Active Directory domain to Azure, Implement directory synchronization by usig Azure AD Connect, Implement federation.
- Module 11: Implementing Azure-based management and automation
This module explains how to implement Azure-based management and automation. Implement Microsoft Operations Management Suite (OMS), Implement Azure Automation, Implement Automation runbooks.