Course 20534: Architecting Microsoft Azure Solutions
ILT Classroom: 3 days
Audience: IT Professionals / Developers
About this course
This course is for candidates who are interested in validating their Microsoft Azure solution design skills. Candidates should know the features and capabilities of Azure services to be able to identify trade-offs and make decisions for designing public and hybrid cloud solutions. Candidates who attend this course are expected to be able to define the appropriate infrastructure and platform solutions to meet the required functional, operational, and deployment requirements through the solution life-cycle.
Prepare for Microsoft Exam 70-534--and help demonstrate your real-world mastery of Microsoft Azure solution design and architecture. Designed for experienced IT pros ready to advance their status, this course/exam focuses on the critical-thinking and decision-making acumen needed for success at the Microsoft Specialist level.
Students considering taking this course are expected to be able to define and implement the appropriate infrastructure and platform solutions to meet the required functional, operational, and deployment requirements through the solution life cycle, including:
- Create and manage infrastructure components in Azure.
- Implement Web apps
- Describe common practices for building resilient and scalable applications
- Implement Storage & Data Services
- Implement and manage cloud and mobile services
- Implement CDNs and Media Services
- Implement Azure Active Directory and use it to implement security in an application
- Automate and integrate Azure resources using PowerShell
- Exam 70-532: Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions and Exam 70-533: Implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions are useful for candidates who want to validate their implementation experience across cloud projects, but they are not prerequisites for course 20534 (exam 70-534).
Note: this is not an introductory course on Microsoft Azure, it’s intended for students with implementation level knowledge of Azure’s services who are looking to increase their skills around design and architecture.
- Module 1: Design Microsoft Azure infrastructure and networking
Describe how Azure uses Global Foundation Services (GFS) datacenters. Design Azure virtual networks, networking services, DNS, DHCP, and IP addressing configuration. Design Azure Compute, Describe Azure VPN and ExpressRoute architecture and design, Describe Azure Services.
- Module 2: Secure resources
Secure resources by using managed identities, hybrid identities, and identity providers. Identify an appropriate data security solution, Design a role-based access control strategy.
- Module 3: Design an application storage and data access strategy
Design data storage, Design applications that use Mobile Services, Design applications that use notifications, Design applications that use a web API, Design a data access strategy for hybrid applications, Design a media solution.
- Module 4: Design an advanced application
Create compute-intensive applications, Create long-running applications, Select the appropriate storage option, Integrate Azure services in a solution.
- Module 5: Design Web Apps
Design web applications for scalability and performance, Deploy websites, Design websites for business continuity.
- Module 6: Design a management, monitoring, and business continuity strategy
Evaluate hybrid and Azure-hosted architectures for Microsoft System Center deployment, Design a monitoring strategy, Design Azure business continuity/disaster recovery (BC/DR) capabilities, Design a disaster recovery strategy, Design Azure Automation and PowerShell workflows, Describe the use cases for Azure Automation configuration.