TOGAF® 9 Foundation
Duration: 15 hours self-paced
Access: 6 months
Accredited by: The Open Group
Exam: TOGAF Part 1 (voucher included)
Mock Exam: included
About this course
The purpose of certification to TOGAF 9 Level 1, known as TOGAF 9 Foundation, is to provide validation that the Candidate has gained knowledge of the terminology, structure, and basic concepts of the TOGAF standard, and understands the core principles of Enterprise Architecture and the TOGAF standard.
The learning objectives at this level focus on knowledge and comprehension..
This course is flexible to suit your particular learning needs. You can take the course when it suits you by studying online via a web browser.
TOGAF provides an iterative approach to development at four levels of architecture: Business, Application, Data, and Technology. The Architecture Development Method, or ADM, is the keystone of the framework.
- Individuals who require a basic understanding of the TOGAF 9 standard
- Professionals who are working in roles associated with an architecture project such as those responsible for planning, execution, development, delivery, and operation
- Architects who are looking for a first introduction to the TOGAF 9 standard
- Architects who want to achieve Level 2 certification.
At course completion
Individuals certified at this level will have demonstrated their understanding of:
- The basic concepts of Enterprise Architecture and the TOGAF standard
- The core concepts of the TOGAF 9 standard
- The key terminology of the TOGAF 9 standard
- The ADM cycle and the objectives of each phase, and how to adapt and scope the ADM
- The concept of the Enterprise Continuum; its purpose and constituent parts
- How each of the ADM phases contributes to the success of Enterprise Architecture
- The ADM guidelines and techniques
- How Architecture Governance contributes to the Architecture Development Cycle
- The concepts of views and viewpoints and their role in communicating with stakeholders
- The concept of building blocks
- The key deliverables of the ADM cycle
- The TOGAF reference models
- The TOGAF certification program
Certification is only achieved by passing the examination.
- The exam is a closed book, multiple choice exam consisting of 40 questions.
- The pass mark is 55% (22 questions out of 40)
- There is a time limit of 60 minutes to complete the exam.
- Included with the course is a free voucher for the exam, which can be taken at authorized Pearson Vue test centers around the world.
TOGAF 9 Part 1
Multiple-choice examination (40 questions / 60 minutes)
Prometric test centers.